- This event has passed.
Tuesday, March 1, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until Tuesday, March 8, 2022
Instructor: Robert Pavlis
This course is designed for the new gardener or the gardener that has only been growing vegetables for a couple of years. We’ll start at the very beginning, with ordering seeds and end with a detailed discussion of the 10 best vegetables for new gardeners. Focus is on hardiness zones 4 – 6.
We’ll cover the following topics:
- Creating a new bed and different systems; in the ground, raised beds and growing in containers
- Best soil selection and how to get it ready for the growing season
- When to use seed vs transplants, and starting early indoors
- Dealing with weeds and other gardening tricks
- Watering, sun and fertilizer – keep them growing for a maximum yield
- Harvesting and fall crops
- Common vegetables myths
Robert is a Master Gardener and garden writer who publishes two popular gardening blogs and has published several gardening books. He owns and operates a private botanical garden where he grows over 3,000 different varieties of plants.
Fee: $40 (plus HST) per person. (This fee includes all four sessions.)