Analyzing your needs and who you are trying to reach with your online content is a great start to your online strategy.
Before you create any social media profile, answer these five main questions:
- Who are you trying to reach?
- What are you trying to say?
- Where do you want to be posting?
- When will you be posting?
- How much content do you have to post and how often will you post?
Depending on your answers you can decide what social media platform(s) will best suit your needs.
Take the time to also gauge your resource allocation. Do you have time to regularly populate and properly monitor your accounts? If you are looking to post content only a few times a month, think about finding an already existing U of G account related to your content that you can connect with. This will help eliminate online clutter and stagnant accounts.