The University of Guelph mourns with the James Smith Cree Nation and Weldon communities, and with all those affected, following a series of violent attacks in Saskatchewan this past weekend.
Our thoughts are with the families and friends of the victims and with all those affected by this tragedy. We acknowledge the interconnectedness of Indigenous communities and recognize the impacts experienced by the Indigenous members of our campus community.
Campus flags will be lowered to half-mast on Friday, Sept. 9 in recognition of this tragedy.
U of G reminds all students, staff and faculty that University counselling services and other supports are available. These include:
- Indigenous Student Advising
- Student Support Network
- Student Counselling Services, 519-824-4120, Ext. 53244
- Hope for Wellness – immediate emotional support for First Nations, Inuit and Métis people, call 1-855-242-3310, or by online chat at hopeforwellness.ca
- Good2Talk, 1-866-925-5454
- Crisis Text Line, text “UofG” to 686868
- Keep.meSAFE (for international students), 1-844-451-9700
- Multi-Faith Resource Team, 519-824-4120, Ext. 58909
- Employee Assistance Program (for faculty and staff), 1-800-265-8310