Show what you know this exam season! U of G has lots of resources to help you manage stress and do your best on your upcoming exams.
Stress busters for study success
U of G’s Exam Stress Busters Activity Book is your go-to resource this exam season. Download a copy for study strategies, tips for your well-being and ways to unwind during study breaks. It’s full of exam prep advice, relaxation tips, puzzles and colouring pages. Remember to take breaks and take a breath during your study sessions!
Need some time away from the books? Unwind with activities both online and off:
- Embrace your competitive side during an online game night – Dec. 3
- Take a hike with Mood Routes noon hour walks – every Friday
- Get your heart pumping through on-demand fitness classes from Gryphon Athletics – no equipment needed!
- Book a time slot to go for a swim, strap on your skates, stroll the walking track or get in a game of soccer, basketball, badminton or pickleball at the Athletics Centre
Academic resources to help you prep
Get quick access to academic resources to help you finish the semester strong. The Undergraduate Academic Information Centre has a list of online resources to help students with their academic success, including tutoring and supported learning groups. Or speak to someone through live chat for help finding information and resources
No matter what type of exam you’re prepping for, the library has strategies to help! Choose from tips for:
Get familiar with the technology
Before your exams start, if your instructors are using Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor, make sure you’re familiar with the system and its requirements. See if your instructors offer a sample test so you can try out the technology.
Need some study space?
On-campus study space is available in the library and in the University Centre.
Before you come to campus to study follow the steps on the Return to Campuses website to help keep our community safe. And don’t forget your face covering!
Missed a final exam?
If you miss a final exam, review the Academic Consideration policy and contact your Program Counsellor to submit a Request for Academic Consideration along with supporting documentation.
Need to talk?
When things get stressful or overwhelming, it helps having someone to talk to. Check out these free mental health resources for students.
- Counselling Services: Individual and group counselling for students
Urgent drop-in sessions by phone Monday to Friday – 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Call 519-824-4120 ext. 53244 to set up a session
- Student Wellness Navigators: Service for students who are accessing Counselling Services for the first time or have concerns about their mental health and don’t know where to go next.
Online or phone sessions available Monday to Friday – 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4:30 p.m.
Call 519-824-4120 ext. 52131 to book an appointment
- Student Support Network: Confidential peer-to-peer support
Virtual drop-in sessions Monday to Friday – noon to 10 p.m.
- Here 24/7: Local mental health and crisis phone line
- Crisis Text Line: Text-based mental health support
Text “UofG” to 686868 to start a conversation
U of G’s Student Experience advisors are also available to support you:
- Cultural Diversity – Tameera Mohamed – firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Student Advisors – Matthew Keefe and Pugaleni Iynkara email@example.com
- Indigenous Student Advisor – Rosemary Spring – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sexual and Gender Diversity Advisor – Jarred Sanchez Cacnio – email@example.com
Take care of yourself this exam season and check in with your friends, too. Remember, you’ve got this!