In January 2021, the University of Guelph announced that it would be updating its strategic framework. After a call for nominations was completed, a new advisory committee has been named.
The refresh of the Strategic Framework will involve consultations with students, faculty, staff, alumni and the broader community. Together we will set new institutional priorities and develop a multi-year action plan, says president Dr. Charlotte Yates.
“Thank you to everyone who put their name forward to serve on this important committee,” says Yates. “As we begin our consultations with the community in the weeks and months ahead, I am delighted to have this incredible group of advisers help shape the refresh of our strategic framework.”
The new committee consists of nominated representatives from U of G faculty, staff, students, alumni and the Board of Governors.
Strategic Framework Refresh Advisory Committee members are:
- Lysa Porth, dean, Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics
- Troy Hourie, professor, School of English and Theatre Studies, College of Arts
- Andreas Heyland, professor, Department of Integrative Biology, College of Biological Science (CBS)
- Rozita Dara, professor, School of Computer Science, College of Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Sharada Srinivasan, professor, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, College of Social and Applied Human Sciences (CSAHS)
- Getu Hailu, professor, Department of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics, Ontario Agricultural College
- Tami Martino, professor, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College (OVC)
- Kathryn Hofer, director, Student Experience
- Ilya Bogorad, executive director, strategy and planning, OVC
- Brett Shepherd, director, Ridgetown Campus
- Jessica Bowes, assistant vice-president, research innovation and knowledge mobilization
- Justin Mihaly, student senate caucus co-chair, University of Guelph-Humber
- Jehoshua Sharma, graduate student, CBS, and international student
- Bronte Detenbeck, undergraduate student, CSAHS
- Rich Appiah, Board of Governors
- Linda Adams, alumna
Ex-officio members are:
- Audrey Jamal, chief of staff, office of the president
- Kim McCaughan, executive assistant to the president
- Gen Gauthier-Chalifour, University secretary
- Dave Whittle, associate vice-president and CIO
- Karen Menard, associate vice-president, Institutional Planning and Research
- Chris Nutt, director, staff relations, Human Resources
Learn more about the strategic refresh process on the president’s website.