The University of Guelph condemns acts of violence, including gender-based violence, in Iran and around the world, and supports the rights and freedom of women everywhere.
U of G is committed to raising awareness, supporting people who speak and act to protect rights and freedoms, and working to end violence and discrimination at home and abroad.
We strive to play an active role in creating a more just and equitable society, including countering the deeply ingrained issue of gender-based violence that affects women and girls across societies. We uphold the calls for justice voiced by the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls intended to address violence that has devastated Indigenous communities across the country.
The University of Guelph acknowledges that war and unrest happen daily in many parts of the world. We understand that the news of violent acts unfolding in Iran is distressing for some U of G community members.
We continue to inform our students, faculty, instructors and staff of the mental health and other University supports available to them. Please reach out if you need support.
- International Students: International Student Advising and KeepMe SAFE
- Student Counselling Services, 519-824-4120, Ext. 53244
- Crisis Text Line, text “UofG” to 686868
- Multi-Faith Resource Team, 519-824-4120, Ext. 58909
- Employee assistance program for faculty and staff, 1-800-265-8310
- Sexual and Gender-based Violence Support and Education programs