Russia’s invasion of Ukraine continues to cause destruction and devastation. The University understands that acts of violence and aggression amid political unrest in the world can cause concern and anxiety among our community members. This is particularly the case today for U of G members with family and friends in Ukraine, but we recognize that even people not directly affected by the ongoing conflict may be experiencing impacts.
The University acknowledges that there are conflicts happening in many parts of the world and is committed to peace and to connecting communities locally, nationally, and globally.
U of G reminds all students, faculty and staff about counselling services and other supports available to assist you during this difficult time. Please reach out if you need to talk or if you or someone you know would benefit from assistance.
Support services include:
- Multi-Faith Resource Team, (519) 824-4120, Ext. 58909
- Student Counselling Services, Ext. 53244
- Crisis Text Line, text “UofG” to 686868
- Employee Assistance Program for faculty and staff, 1-800-265-8310. Homewood Health, U of G’s employee and family assistance program provider, offers recovery and coping strategies for those experiencing a traumatic event.
International students in need of support may also choose to contact the International Student Advisors:
- Matthew Keefe – email@example.com
- Pugaleni Iynkaran – firstname.lastname@example.org