- This event has passed.
November 15 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
How can we create more just academic spaces that eliminate barriers to access and ensure equity for everyone in the University community?
In this hybrid event, we will explore how to create more just academic spaces that reduce/eliminate barriers to access and ensure equity for everyone in the university community. We are interested in this topic generally, and also specifically as it relates to the University of Guelph.
Creating more just academic spaces has long been a critical topic, but feels increasingly pressing as we navigate several overlapping injustices structured by the pandemic, systemic racism and colonialism, (hetero)sexism, ableism and economic inequality, among others.
Drawing on expertise local to the University of Guelph and the surrounding communities, this event will both illuminate specific challenges, and imagine and discuss promising practices moving forward. Panelists will include:
- Dr. Adam Davies (they/them), Family Relations and Applied Nutrition
- Dr. Roberta Hawkins (she/her), Geography, Environment and Geomatics
- Omorowa Eguakun (she/they), Ontario Public Interest Research Group – Guelph
- Jena-Lee Ashley (she/her), Vice President External, Central Student Association
- Nicole Walker (she/her), President, Central Student Association
Learn more at https://csahs.uoguelph.ca/events/2022/11/imagining-more-just-university