Planning to purchase a parking permit for the winter semester? Learn about current tiers, rates and options for parking on campus.
On Sept. 1, 2021, the following changes took effect:
- Tiered-pricing parking zones and updated rates. Parking lots are no longer separately distinguished for faculty, staff or student use only. Subject to availability, U of G community members may purchase permits for any black (premium interior), red (basic interior) or yellow (value perimeter) lot. See the map on the Parking Services website to identify lots by colour. Permits can be purchased at any time for the year, semester or month.
Learn more about the new lot types on the Campus Parking website.
- Cashless payments at lots and in the Parking Services office. Use the PayByPhone app or the 1-800 number at designated spots to pay by the hour or by the day. Cash is not accepted in lots or at the Parking Services office.
- Parking Services accounts for purchasing permits. To purchase a permit, you must create a Parking Services account. Use your account to pay for specific permit types via payroll deduction, Visa, MasterCard or Visa Debit.
- Virtual permits replace previous physical parking permit tags. When purchasing a permit, you must register it to a licence plate; up to three licence plates may be linked to one permit.
- Daily permits replace previous scratch booklets of parking passes. Discounted day-use permits are available for faculty, staff and students and must be purchased in advance using your Parking Services account.
- Updated Parking Policy and Traffic and Parking Regulations.
Winter permits now on sale
Winter semester parking permits are now available for purchase. Permits are required for Jan. 1, 2022. Permits not purchased by Jan. 17 will be available on a first-come, first-served basis to all students, faculty and staff. If demand for permits exceeds availability, you can add yourself to a wait list through the online parking portal.
Parking rates as of Sept. 1, 2021
|Parking location||2021-22 rate
|Black||Black (premium interior), red (basic interior) or yellow (value perimeter) lots||$155/month*||Sold one permit per spot for a specific interior lot, guaranteeing an available spot 24/7|
|Red||Basic interior lots||$85/month*||Park in any red lot during posted hours of operation.|
|Yellow||Perimeter lots||$75/month*||Park in any yellow lot during posted hours of operation.|
|Faculty, staff and student day-use permits||P13 or P30||$5/day||Discounted rate for students, faculty and staff|
|Visitor Online Daily – requires a parking account||Basic interior (red zones) and perimeter (yellow zones)||$12.50/day||In and out privileges for day of purchase|
|Pay by Phone – Daily||Signed spots||$20/day (plus a $0.35 transaction fee)||Short-term parking in interior lots|
|Pay by Phone – Hourly||Signed spots||$2.50/hour (plus a $0.35 transaction fee)||Short-term parking in interior lots|
* You pay the same monthly amount whether you buy an annual, semester or monthly pass.
How to purchase a permit
To purchase a permit, you’ll need an account with Parking Services.
- Complete a Student or Faculty/Staff Parking Account Request form online.
- Once you have an account, visit the Parking Services Website.
- Log in with your central log-in credentials to purchase an annual, semester-long, monthly or daily parking permit
If you previously paid for your parking permit through payroll deduction and want to continue doing so; you must now create an account with Parking Services and purchase a new permit before January. Payroll deductions continue until you cancel your permit.
This year, annual permits went on sale in July and expire in April 2022. If you want to sign up for payroll deduction for January, purchase your permit Dec. 23 or after. The permit will be pro-rated to January. In 2022, annual permits will be available starting in May.
A separate form is required to apply for a black zone permit for the first time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Students, faculty and staff coming to campus only a few days per week may find it more economical to purchase $5 day-use permits for P13 or P30. Permits may be purchased in advance and are non-refundable.Link to this tab
Restricted overnight parking rules are in effect from Dec. 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022. Staff and students may park overnight in P13, P17 and P19 (partial lot available). For a full list of locations, check out the parking website (subject to change based on needs for snow removal).Link to this tab
Students may buy semester-long permits for red or yellow lots or monthly permits for black lots. They may also choose daily options in red or yellow lots or hourly options in signed spots.
Learn more about student parking permits.Link to this tab
Faculty and staff may purchase annual black permits and annual or monthly red or yellow permits. They may also choose daily options in red or yellow lots or hourly options in signed spots.
Learn more about faculty and staff parking permits.Link to this tab
A memo has been sent to all administrative assistants with information on passes for special visitors to campus. You may also call Parking Services at 519-824-4120, Ext. 52118, to discuss options.Link to this tab
Complete a Student or Faculty/Staff Parking Account Request form online to create your account.Link to this tab
Visit the Parking Services Parking Account website to purchase a permit or to explore other parking options.Link to this tab
Only one registered vehicle may be parked in permit parking at a time. Parking more than one registered vehicle concurrently on University property is not permitted, unless the other registered vehicle is parked in public parking and the applicable public parking fee has been paid.Link to this tab