Ontario has now entered Step One of the Roadmap to Reopen. Learn more about what this means at U of G.
Those who are approved to be on campus must continue to follow COVID-19 safety protocols, including completing the U of G COVID-19 Screening Form daily before coming to campus, wearing a mask, staying at least 2m apart from others, cleaning hands regularly, etc.
Updated: June 15, 2021
- Remote learning will continue as planned.
Face-to-face classes and labs
- Face-to-face teaching may continue only if learning outcomes cannot be met via remote delivery.
- Instructors have received information about the shutdown’s effect on delivery of face-to-face learning.
- Students in face-to-face courses and/or labs should check Web Advisor for updates and information.
International students living in Canada are also subject to the provincial restrictions.
Those in need of support may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
General information for international students during COVID-19 is available on U of G’s COVID-19 website.Link to this tab
- The Athletics Centre is closed. Access online fitness classes on the Gryphon Fitness and Recreation Instagram account.
- The McLaughlin Library building is closed but online services and curbside pick-up and home delivery of materials are available. Any changes to services will be posted on the library’s website.
- Public access to the University Centre will be restricted to those with appointments for the COVID-19 vaccination clinic and those with appointments to visit commercial businesses such as UC Pharmacy and UC Chiropractic Care. Visit the University Centre’s website for more information and a listing of available services.
To-go food service is available from:
- the OVC Café
- Gryph N’ Grille
- Second Cup (Gordon St. location)
Seating is closed. A full list of dining outlets and hours is available on the Hospitality Services website.
Brass Taps is open for takeout service.
Ontario Veterinary Health Sciences Centre Animal Hospitals are open. Consult the website for hours and more information.
The University Bookstore is open for in-store shopping and curbside pickup.Link to this tab
Research is deemed essential business and is permitted at this time.
Consistent with this, University of Guelph research may proceed only if it is underpinned by an approved Research Management Plan.
Additional limitations include:
- Researchers may access University of Guelph-operated facilities to conduct research only if they fulfil two criteria:
- there is an approved Research Management Plan (RMP) for the research; and
- the researcher has been approved to conduct the RMP-related research on-site by their department chair or school director.
- All human participant face-to-face research taking place in Ontario must follow the Guidelines for human participant face-to-face research. During the province-wide emergency brake, please follow the guidelines for Grey (lockdown) in the document.
Please also continue to refer to the Research Phase-In Framework for guidance.
All operations in Laboratory Services Division (i.e., Animal Health Laboratory, Agriculture and Food Laboratory), central animal care facilities, and research field stations will proceed under protocols that have already been implemented by directors and managers in those facilities.
More information on research during the pandemic can be found on the Office of Research COVID-19 webpage.Link to this tab
University buildings, except those listed above, are closed to the public.
Access to University buildings is restricted to:
- People who cannot perform their work duties remotely (e.g., need access to equipment or systems not available from home, need technology or space to record lectures for remote learning)
- Faculty and students involved in face-to-face teaching and learning, being conducted following Public Health guidelines
- Faculty and researchers with an approved research management plan
- Students living in campus residences.
All staff and faculty must obtain approval from their supervisor or chair before coming to campus to work or to conduct research. If you have an approved research management plan, you will still be required to obtain permission from your supervisor or chair to access the building. You must complete the U of G COVID-19 Daily Screening Form prior to every visit to campus and follow all Public Heath guidelines and safety protocols.
University Centre access
Access to the University Centre will be restricted to those with appointments at the COVID-19 vaccination clinic and those visiting commercial businesses such as UC Pharmacy and UC Chiropractic Care. U of G staff with offices in the UC who must come to campus to perform their job duties should contact their manager to arrange access.
Contact commercial businesses directly to arrange service by appointment.
The Campus Mail Room is accessible through the UC loading dock.
Visit the University Centre’s website for more information and a listing of available services.Link to this tab
Enforcement of government regulations
Outdoor gatherings are limited to five people, except for gatherings with members of the same household. The province has given law enforcement and by-law officers the authority to issue fines and penalties for those who violate these rules. Those who choose not to follow the provincial regulations may also be subject to disciplinary action under the University’s Policy on Non-Academic Misconduct.
Further information will be posted as it becomes available.