If you have questions about how courses are being conducted, exams or how professors and program counsellors can support you, please visit the Student – Academics FAQs on U of G’s COVID-19 website.
If you have accessibility requirements, please contact Student Accessibility Services.
Tips on Studying for Exams
Check out these useful tips on studying for exams from the library’s learning peers!
Online Learning Support from the McLaughlin Library
Online learning doesn’t have to mean figuring it all out yourself. The library offers a variety of virtual learning services and resources.
Online Consultations and Help
- Research help
- Chat with us online to get personalized guidance to help find resources for your assignments, or book an in-depth research appointment.
- Writing consultations
- Meet with a consultant online to get feedback on your writing, learn strategies to organize your ideas and structure your papers and thesis, and get advice on clarity, cohesion and style.
- Learning consultation
- Meet with a consultant online to talk about how to adjust your studying approaches to a completely online environment, including taking tests and presenting online.
- Data consultations
- Meet with a consultant for help with finding and collecting data, data analysis, GIS and maps, and data visualization.
All online appointments and consultations can be booked by visiting the library’s appointment booking page.
- Online Learning Guide: provides resources for making the transition to online learning like taking tests online and presenting online
- Online Writing Resources: has templates, guides, and videos to help you at various stages of the writing process
- Digital Learning Commons: videos and other tools on a range of academic and professional skills
Faculty and Instructor Support
Find information and support for course reserves, scholarship and publishing, copyright and more on the library’s website.